home | patterns | published elsewhere | books | video | about | contact

Autumn Oak Set - Days Until Christmas Sale

Today's sale pattern is for the Autumn Oak set!

These mitts are my go-to mitts. I've made countless pairs of them for myself and as gifts. They work up beautiful in a wide variety of yarns. After making these mitts, I had plenty of yarn leftover, so I made a matching hat.

The pattern is written to be worked back and forth in rows—because I find the brioche stitch pattern is more fun to work back and forth, than in the round. But I've included alteration instructions for how to work the pattern in the round for those who would prefer it.


$5.00 (original price
$2.50 (sale price - TODAY ONLY)


Sizes:
Hat: Baby (Adult)
Mitts: one size

Finished Measurements:
Hat: 16¼ (20¼)" circumference
Mitts: About 6" finger circumference and 7¾" hand circumference

Yarn Requirements:
Miss Priss by Schaefer Yarn Co. (100% merino wool; 4 oz hank = approx 280 yards)
• 1 hank will make the set. Or approx 70 (120) yards in a comparable yarn for the hat, and approx 75 yards in a comparable yarn for the mitts

Knitting Needles:
One pair size US 8 (5 mm)
Or size to obtain gauge.
One needle size US 11 (6.5 mm) for loose BO on mitts
One set of 4 double pointed needles in size US 9 (5.5 mm) for thumb trim of mitts.

Gauge: 
14 sts and 37 rows = 4" in Brioche Pattern. Take time to save time, check your gauge.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say!